Opera Universitaria starts again!
A new academic year begins, we are back in presence, our student residences come back to life, services start again, but there are many questions still left to answer.
In this post, we will try to give you some practical information so that you can start with confidence and security.
- How does access to the counters/offices work?
To access the counters you need to book an appointment via the Opera4U app.
- I am a beneficiary of accommodation. How can I access Opera's residences and flats?
Currently, a green pass is not required to access the residences or flats of Opera Universitaria. Concerning new assignments and the welcome office where you can sign the contract, it is necessary to book the appointment at the counter through the Opera4U app.
- Will I be in a double or in a single room?
This year, given the positive evolution of the current pandemic situation, thanks above all to the vaccination campaign, the use of double rooms will be reactivated, to the advantage of those who prefer to choose this option. We remind you that the ANDISU guidelines already provide for this choice, which is therefore done in full compliance with the current anti-vaccination regulations. However, students will have the opportunity to request a change in the type of accommodation assigned, if they have valid reasons and by virtue of the housing availability of the institution.
- How should I behave in the residence?
The behaviour to be followed in the residences is stated in Annex E of the Rules and Regulations for the use of residences, which will be provided to you when you sign the contract and which you can find on our website at the link: https://www.operauni.tn.it/en/accomodations/rules-and-regulations. This document is constantly monitored to ensure that it is always in line with provincial and ministerial guidelines.
- What if I live in a flat?
Whoever lives in the flats is obliged to observe the indications contained in Annex E to the Rules for the use of residences, Paragraph 1. General provisions for all lodgers (student halls and flats), also provided when you sign the contract.
- How do I gain access to the university canteens?
The operator of the university canteens, Risto3, requires a green pass exclusively for the category of workers. Students do not need to show their green pass to access the canteens.
- General recommendations: In general, all the precautions taken up to now are valid, i.e.: keeping distance, wearing a mask, sanitizing, ventilating the premises and not crowding together.
- What to do if: If you suspect that you have a Covid infection, or if you have come into contact with a person who has a Covid infection, you should stay in your room, immediately contact your doctor, the 112 emergency number or the local medical service, and inform Opera Universitaria by calling the following numbers: 0461/217490 - 0461/217403 - 0461/217402. We would also like to remind you that it is possible to obtain a green pass by vaccinating yourself, by taking a swab with a negative result (valid 48 hours from the time of sampling), and in cases of recovery from Covid 19 (valid for 6 months).